.

.
.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hey Jen.

Sometimes nice things happen and you forget, well, I don't want to forget this.

Background: This last summer I attempted to practice Spanish in a playful manner with my friends little boy who is three. After a few failed attempts we gave up (he preferred his mom to me. understandably so.) I let his mom know of some resources that she might enjoy using with him, cds and books from the library- so that whether it was from me or not, he learned Spanish.


So fast forward 6 months.....I went over to my friends house the other night and the child came up to me and said, "Hey Jen. say uno in Spanish."
"Uno."
"Hey Jen. Say dos in Spanish."
"Dos."
"Hey Jen. Say tres in Spanish."
"Tres."
"Hey Jen. Say cuatro in Spanish."
"Cuatro."
Hey Jen. Say cinco in Spanish."
"Cinco."
Hey Jen Say ocho in Spanish."
"Ocho."

and then he got distracted by something his brother was playing with. Even though he skipped from 5 to 8, and then quit, it was incredibly ADORABLE. I think my favourite is that he added "in Spanish." to every command, like we didn't know which language we were practicing :)


P.S. Happy Epiphany. Yesterday was the 12th day of Christmas.

No comments: