.

.
.

Friday, July 11, 2008

it's late...

It's way past my bed time, but I got home late from helping out with the other family only to be greeted by a semi-serious discussion regarding a behavioral thing that happened today while the head house mom was caring for my children.
It ended up (according to my daughter) that I "tell lies" about her to other people (other caregivers, social service office). I tried to explain to her, that I've only ever told people things she has told me. So if I've lied, it's because it was her fault in not telling me the truth. Somehow we finished the conversation with her convinced that it was my fault, not only that I told Children's services a lie about her,but that she also later corroborated the lie by telling them the same thing in a private one-on-one meeting.

btw. it's much more imaginative in Spanish. it's "throw/toss lies" not "tell lies"

The 8 kids I'm helping for the next ten days are super cute. Now if I can just figure out how to get the 7 year old to pronounce his words right, he may think it's cute to baby talk, but I don't....

(plus i don't know how you spell a word, if when you say it you don't pronounce all the sounds.)

oh, and it rained really hard for ten minutes on Monday. Sprinkled a little today, and we have a threat of a bad thunderstorm tomorrow. This is super strange weather for us! We've been in a drought for 14 years. and usually when it does rain, it rains in the winter months. One of the kids heard about the thunderstorm and asked me if she should be scared! I told her, probably not.

No comments: