.

.
.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

we'll see.

Sooooooo. We might get a new girl today. We have a meeting with the mom at 1:30. She's 13 and really really likes boys. I think the plan would be to have her short term, we'll see what happens.

Today I sent in an app for a translating/interpreting company for while I'm home. I would prefer to interpret. we'll see.

I'll be home in 2.5 weeks. gotta get my act together.

Our kids schools always ask us to buy the right art supplies the day before art. Even the private school that costs a fee every month. Even though education seems important to the Mexican govt (they provide notebooks, workbooks for every subject, and free education for adults) we still have to pay to clean the school yard, make raffles to raise money, or even stand at the stop lights in each nearby town asking for money from passing motorists.

Even though we go grocery shopping 40 minutes south of here my girls always run into people they know. ALWAYS.

I've figured out why I don't understand C-- sometimes. Not only does she have a speech impediment b/c she can't hear herself talk well, but she also gives arbitrary nicknames to people, and then doesn't explain who it is. For example, there is a girl that helps at our house sometimes, C-- calls her "yellow" because she has blond hair instead of her name. I can't believe it took me 11 months to figure that out. we'll see if I can understand her more from now on.

Food is so healing, I think. The last few breakfasts I've been sitting with the kids and out of no where they begin telling me things I already know, but they don't know that I know. Like "my dad was hitting me and then they brought me here." I'm glad they are getting things off their chest, but I don't know how to respond to it.

I discovered Google Reader the other day for all the blogs I read that are seemingly unconnected. I love having a subscription list for them now. fabulous. There are probably a lot of cool features with it, we'll see if I learn to use them all.

I feel permanently disjointed, when my brain is all in one piece, maybe my entries will be in one piece.

we'll see.

No comments: