.

.
.

Saturday, October 4, 2008

feeling lazy, and tired.

...but the kids are still up, and I just don't feel right about going to bed with them all still up. Although I might do it.

So right now E-- is running around with a plastic purple bowl on her head telling the dog she's going to feed it. His head is like attached to her hip, and he's even RUNNING after her. This is the dog that lays and sleeps ALL. DAY. LONG. It's so funny, to see him being excited, and she's just hilarious too.

I've noticed that the children here don't do math drills. By that I mean a paper with 30 of the same problems on it. Usually their hmk is 2 pages of story problems, but we still spend most of our time counting on our fingers, or writing out the multiples to figure out the question.

Joanne is cooking like a crazy woman! She has helped with dinner, every night (I think) this week. At least it's felt like every night. Today she made cinnamon roles and breadsticks, and helped me decide how much of what to throw in the soup and chop the vegetables. That's half of my sanity for the week. I swear.

So we're going to be headed to an Alex Campos concert where they are expecting like 25,000 people. My town and surrounding communities are only about 10,000 people. It seems that people are coming from 5 hours north of us, and 5 hours south of us. They printed up 15,000 tickets but they were all out at the beginning of the week. Somehow, someone found me and my girls tickets. I'm excited, but also don't like chaos. and it's probably the biggest show I've ever been too. AND this is Mexico and nothing is ever clearly marked like lines or whatever.

I'm so tired, that apparently my children told Ben to pick them up early from school today b/c they had Mass ( @ private Catholic school) But I didn't hear it, or remember it even when I was sitting with everyone at breakfast. So when I saw all these kids at 12:30 I was SOOOO confused. I was all "I should call Ben, he's thinks he's picking you guys up at 1:30." One of them told me his principal brought them home, but really Ben had remembered, unlike me.

and I'm out... like 80's hair styles.

No comments: