.

.
.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

driving and dogs

Every time I drive in Mexico, I generally worry about hitting dogs. They lay in the middle of the road, so passive that I drive around them. I’m sure some get up if they feel threatened by cars, but it worries me. They even will lay so close to your car, that the driver (or the passengers) are afraid they've already run them over, only to realize the car missed them by inches. (or that the car did indeed go over them, but they weren't squished or pinched by the tires. in fact, the probably enjoyed the reprieve from the sun.)

I used to drive where ever good tire tracks were. Now that our whole* neighborhood is leveled, it's not an issue to follow the "safe" paths, nor drive on the wrong side of the road to avoid natural crevasses or bumps. Although, a few tires pushed down the hill (the kids do it for fun) will soon bring obstacle-aware driving back into vogue.

*almost

more on dogs tomorrow, if I feel like it :) I'm really only blogging today to keep from breaking my run of several weeks.

No comments: