.

.
.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New cup, new cup, move down, move down!

Recently I noticed that we didn’t have nearly enough cups in the main house cupboard. While I wondered where they had went, most probably our back yard for tea parties, or soldier battalions, I also started thinking of a solution, b/c it’s a pain having to wash a cup every time you want to drink water. (This is one of the reasons, I generally carry a bottle of water around with me, I refill it, everyone knows that it’s mine, and the flies don’t land on/in it.) The temporary solution was to run over to my house and bring some extra cups back to share temporarily. We’ve done that with spoons and other utensils before. You can imagine my surprise when I opened my cupboard and it had so many cups they looked uncomfortable. More uncomfortable than even the typical Mexican living arrangements. There are 6 of us that live in my house, and there were FOURTY-THREE cups that didn’t belong to our house in our cupboard. Actually, there were more than that, I just quit counting. Additionally, I ended up finding cups in people’s bedrooms, with 8 bedrooms over there, and 3 bedrooms over here, even one cup a bedroom really adds up! I’m so glad my temporary solution was the only one I had to think of.

No comments: