.

.
.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'd walk to you if I had no other way...

Steve's surgery went great! Thanks for praying.
They only took a little piece of the facial nerve :)
They took out a lot of muscle :(
They think the got the whole thing out :)
There were some cells on top of the bone, but not penetrating it, so he'll have to do chemo or something later on.

my girls left at 8 this morning to go be with the family.

I didn't go, I'm going to make sure the "guard" dogs get fed and the fish as well.
(The rottweiler and the retriever are laying right outside my front door right now. It's sorta cute!)
I say "guard" dogs because the retriever is really old, and the rott, well, she doesn't bark at anyone.
It's really nice for it to be so quiet here, but at the same time slightly erie.
I definitely need this break.

My girls were totally up at 5:30 this morning, jumping up and down and screaming and ready to go. They were so excited :)

Last Friday we stayed up late and had a "make your own pizza" night, and someone brought over a strobe light, and maybe we had *too much fun* with all the kids.

Yesterday I ordered pizza, and the girls and I had a movie/pizza night. It was fun.
Maybe I should have cooked for them since no one was home?
(we totally have tons of groceries...)
It was totally confirmed that we have no address here.
M did the ordering, and when they asked where to deliver it to, she just told them our name.
They didn't seem to know where we lived so she told them the name of our town and that we're the first house around the corner, the gray one. (it was dark out, how could they tell the color????)
She didn't specify which corner. and they still made it here!

Thursday I drove for the first time in 7 weeks (and 5 days).
It was only just a couple blocks.
But I have this urgent desire to document it.


(we are so spoiled, someone donated a bunch of starbucks coffee, welch's dried fruit mix, and some trader joe's soup! Tani made augraten potatoes with enchilada sauce and dried nacho cheese powder with white cheese on top the other night. The potatoes had a smokey flavor.)

My girls and I had some interesting converstaions about divorce and dating this week. Occassionally, I hope they actually listen to/remember what I say....with teenagers though, who knows.



well, I'm going to:
go running
use as much hot water as I want
listen to music that the girls wouldn't normally listen to
READ READ READ
...
and then try to figure out what to do with myself?!


(currently listening to a mix my sister made. jmr mix 1 while waiting for my iPod to charge)

No comments: