.

.
.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's windy season now...

so best to avoid putting clothes on the clothesline that is right next to barbed wire.

We gave testimonies of how the trip went in church on Thursday night.

One of my girls, M, I can never get her to stop talking/laughing, and she is always talking to whoever is around, even if they are a stranger. But she almost would not stand up in front and tell us about the trip, even when it was just our team practicing before service. :)

One of my favorite parts of our trip to Loreto was the bilingual worshiping. Some songs we sang in Spanish, some in English, some both at the same time.

new experiences this week?

going to the pools. It was beautiful. Palm trees and mountains surrounding all these grill pit/picnic table combinations, and the pools were painted perfect pool blue (not that light color, a deep, bright, thick blue.) It was too cold for me to want to swim, but still fun to hang out. No wonder there is usually no water in the river. We drove along it to get to the pools, and there are pipes in it, siphoning off water. It even looked like someone was digging a well in a sand bar right next to the river.

I am really enjoying going grocery shopping! Strawberry season must be coming, because they were a dollar a container (and I think that was cheaper than last week.) The girls somehow found a creamy fat free/sugar free yogurt. They weren't even looking for it, they just grabbed it accidentally. Usually the fat free yogurt is for drinking and expensive, and the ones I've seen before aren't sugar free! But this was a good price. It was the only one in the cooler. Definitely a nice encouragement from God.

I get to help out with a Quinceanera (15th birthday party) this Friday. That'll be an experience!

I must have re-injured my ankle in the last couple days, because today it was hurting :/ I think I sprained it like 4 weeks ago. I'm so ready to stop babying it, I just can't yet.



Rich left yesterday to go back to the corporate world. We'll miss having him around to take us fishing, or off roading, or going to the globos, and his manliness rubbing off on us. He really united the kids here...

No comments: