.

.
.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

haz llover...

I’m so lucky that my girls are listening to the radio. It has a nice MIX of music. When they put in CDs, they just press the repeat button, and you hear the same cd for 4 hours, or more. Through the Mexican radio I’ve discovered that some of my favorite Christian artists from high school made Spanish records that I never knew anything about! (esp. Guardian! 3 albums!!)

So even though we live in the country, it’s not always quiet. Like last night there was loud dance music being broadcast from the hill, other times it’s someone selling something, with a speaker system attached to the outside of their car. They say their wares aloud. “Oranges, Strawberries, Corn” along with the current price. The propane man comes this way as well.

I bought carrots from a stall at the globos and realized I’d purchased the same carrots you buy at the grocery store, but conveniently peeled and repackaged in the same package.

When we buy white sugar at the grocery store it comes in clear plastic bags that were previously whatever else. I suppose someone saves them and cleans them? It caught me off guard, b/c I’d put the sugar in our cart, but then saw that the label said “chocolate morsels.” “Who put chocolate in our cart??” I’ve also seen labels saying corn starch, carrots, brown sugar, etc.

(Keep in mind I shop for groceries for 20 people a week) Last time we were at the grocery with 3 carts, we’d already paid and were loading the car, near the loading dock where they accept deliveries, and somehow, we ended up with 4 of the employees (stockers) helping us load the car, which was super helpful, since I couldn’t get the back door open! Usually I tip a little 10 year old to put our groceries in the car, but was surprised to see how helpful all these adult men were! I think we may have made friends with the employees there. Sometimes all the girls don’t come with me, and I’ve noticed that the guys say, “tell so and so hi for me!” ☺


One of my girls biked 4 miles, then ran 4 miles today. YAY! One of my other girls asked to go with the group, but she quits at mile 2 of our 3 mile power walk. We told her she couldn't go on the 8 mile, and she pouted about it. I told her she could jog with me this afternoon when I go, but she told me she didn't want to. whatever :)

It hasn't rained here since, February?

No comments: