.

.
.

Monday, June 15, 2009

maybe it won't rain today?


Too much free time always overwhelms me.
I’ve already checked too many things out of the library.
I’ve already failed at not studying Spanish after even visiting the clinic I would like to volunteer at.
I’ve still not cleaned out my room. I’m missing a couple tops that I bet are in Mexico ☹ A pink shiny one, and my white one with the funky fabric on the front.
I already have too many songs on piano that I want to learn. Prioritize!
And to top it off, I’ve been “job hunting” or so it’s called.
I got the chance to play piano for church on Wednesday, which really did make me happy, now I just need to practice this weeks songs.

I went to my cousin’s wedding, which was nuts! And fun! I saw people there that I haven’t seen in YEARS; some non-relatives that I shared my childhood with, and others, relatives that I never shared my childhood with.
I danced with my brother, dad, sister and my cousin’s little girl. I tried to teach a 3 year old the electric slide! We definitely had the kick part down. It was great that I got to teach her the electric slide while on the dance floor with the same woman that taught it to me when I was like 13 or something!
The night before the wedding we hung out with my mom’s family. We went to a big pizza restaurant and just started moving tables and chairs, when the management graciously arranged for us to use the private party room at no charge. Really, it was in their best interest too, because we’re a noisy bunch! As much as I love how late the sun sets, it also makes for some unnaturally late nights b/c you forget the hour. I was eager to leave, b/c Friday was the night I was to see my brother and his fiancé but we still left the party late. Even though they were here this weekend, I still want more time with them.

Sunday after church I ran to the Mexican store. There is more than one, but I call it “the Mexican store” b/c it’s the only one I ever go inside. I should really visit the others, they may be bigger or have better selection of products. I was pleased to see all the products I was interested in, huakamole takis, horchata mix, AND they had all the brands our store in Mexico has. The same brands of Tuna, laundry soap, Bimbo brand, AND AND AND Lala yogurt REDUCED FAT. How come you can buy Mexican Lala yogurt reduced fat in the states in a tiny little corner store?? And I can’t get it in the big grocery store IN Mexico??????? Somebody’s got some ‘splaining to do. And it’s Mango! Our store, when they did have it, had Strawberry or Peach or Plain.
I plan on making some tasty tasty horchata popsicles and made a list of Mexican food I might try to make in the coming weeks.

I’ve been exhausted seeing people. And really, I haven’t seen all that many, but when you add that with doing resume stuff, visiting a job fair, visiting a place you want to volunteer, hanging out with your friend’s three year old (I’m gonna teach him Spanish, and he’s gonna like it!) it becomes overwhelming.
I had been home since Sunday, and on Thursday I finally realized that I hadn’t hung out with my sister yet!!!! That’s how distracted I got. Nuts!

Driving around today I noticed some gutted buildings. There is something and romantic and beautiful about seeing the insides of buildings. They look simple and geometric or orderly. Although I’m not sure that everyone shares that opinion…

Ok, off to accomplish my to do list ☺

No comments: