.

.
.

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

One of the grossest days of my life...

So C---- and I went for a run today. Immediately after I wrote that she hadn’t asked to go running again, IMMEDIATELY (maybe she was looking over my shoulder, except she can’t read English) She asked to go running with me.
I conceded, and we went this morning while it was still foggy out with the June gloom. I’m glad we went while it was foggy, b/c I walked to the beach and back yesterday and got sunburned. I had no idea I was going to get sunburned, or that the police would be patrolling and actually offer us a ride back home, which we declined. The only reason to walk to the beach is to enjoy the desertedness of it all, the bleak landscape that swallows you up with it’s loneliness. Lindsay noticed that on the road to the beach, the north side is full of red cactusy flowers, and the south side is green bushes, grass, and trees. It’s cleanly delineated by the dirt road, which has zero living things. Nobody gardens/tends the area so I’m quite confused as to how this came to be. I can’t believe that 5 feet of dirt is all that is keeping the species from spreading.
Anyways, back to this morning. So C--- and I went, and so did the Weimaraner, and a stray Retriever. The Weimaraner or Papi, is a beautiful dog, but he is a puppy, so he was getting into trouble and I had to keep calling him back to us, “Papi, Papi” which is also a slang word used to address guys. So I was totally embarrassed when these teenage guys went past us, and I’m shouting “Papi, Papi!” Luckily they didn’t stop.
We ran/ walked/ hit Papi’s butt/ ran/ walked/ hit Papi’s butt because he kept trying to eat cow poop!!!! I tried to give him positive reinforcement patting his neck when I called him, but ending up getting cow poop filled saliva all over my sleeve!
Some meters up the road Papi tried to eat…….this is not for the faint of heart….a dead dog. It didn’t smell anymore, but still had all it’s hair SOOOOOOO GROSSSSS. It was still like a big piece of cardboard. He bit the back part of it, and the whole body came with it. That took a lot of frantic shouting to get him to let go of it, and some smacks on the butt, that’s how I know it didn’t smell, otherwise, I would have never gotten that close to it.

Anyways, how was your morning?

No comments: