.

.
.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Winnie the Pooh is better...

Tuesday night I was tired of being a mom. So I was that mom. The mom-that-believes anything-the-children-say mom. I was convinced that our schools need to stop giving the children homework, because it would make my life SOOO much easier. Then it happened!! Many of the kids on Tuesday afternoon mysteriously didn’t have homework, especially the two that can have challenging work, not just color the picture…I was elated, and went and did other things, then at 6 o’clock two girls tear into my room. One saying “I already told Jen, I already told her.” The other saying, “well, I’m gonna tell her too, because I don’t think you did.” It turns out that they conspired together to say they didn’t have homework so that they could go swimming right after school. Luckily, one of them had a conscience, and decided to come tell the truth. Unfortunately, the one saying “I already told Jen” has a history of lying, and was going to continue lying, as she hadn’t told me anything. This is R—‘s second time in Children’s services care, the first time she told them she had lied about her home life, so they sent her back to her family. I hope she hasn’t lied again. :/ Although, I think I learned a lesson too ☺

One thing about having kids, is they listen to what you say and take it to the extreme.
The innocent, “yeah, I like Piglet” turns into a shameless parade of “I drew this Piglet just for you!!!” and then you have 865 drawings of Piglet in your room. Gah.

One year ago today was my first full day in Costa Rica, then I came home for 6 weeks, and came to Mexico!

No comments: