.

.
.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Leave behind all that we don't need dear...

This week I’ve gotten a lot of (personal) things done. Yay! I cleaned my room on Tuesday. This was a big task, as I moved my bed to vaccum under it and cleaned off two dressers that had accumulated lots of things. I washed all my pillow covers, cleaned window sills, everything! It felt like spring cleaning. Part of the reason I did it is b/c water came through my ceiling from the bathroom above me and got my bed all wet (clean water). Luckily I was able to move things quickly and my computer didn’t get damaged. Part of the reason I did it was to see if it will help in the fight against the bugs. I’ll let you know! I’ve only lived here a year and a half, yet somehow junk accumulates. I listened to 7 podcasts in the course of cleaning my room.

Yesterday I uploaded two photo albums
Mexico 14

Mexico 15

There are photos of whale watching, a catorceañera (14th party, that’s not a word, I made it up. usually we celebrate big 15th birthdays, but we read the date on the birth certificate about 2 weeks before the already planned party, oops! We all sincerely thought she was turning 15) a soccer tourney, the sweet school project that was the BEST in her class, a fake starbucks, the board walk in Ensenada, road work in our town, a trip to the RIVER, C--’s new shoes…etc.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, and videos are worth even more, I’ll leave you with this stuff today…

A Whale of a Tale
-I uploaded some videos from whale watching finally! I know, 2 months late.

Also I got a cut and color. We’re so blessed to have a hair stylist living in our community, and she cuts our hair as her ministry. I feel like a new person! The hair dye was a donation, and I got to relax while my friend applied it to my head. I usually dye my hair my self, so that was a nice change. Two of my girls love my hair cut, and now are asking to get cut too!
One of my other kids, M—, told me that many (muchas) people didn’t like it. I asked who? And she could only think of two people’s names… 2 = muchas, hehe.

Today I ended up translating the church service to my friend. I left on such a high from feeling "on fire" from that 40 minutes or so, even though I couldn't think of how to say boldness. That's ok. I spent so much time whispering in her ear, that I couldn't tell you what the visiting speaker looked like! :)

I homeschool 1ish of my kids. Today, I decided to wait for her to come to me to start school while I helped another child, since she is a capable teenager. She never came, much to my disappointment. Finally, I went to her, 3 hours late for starting school, and said, "You know it's 11" and she said, "so?" I said, "You'll do school till 3 o'clock then." Immediately I was being unfair (according to her) She had been "studying" in the other house, even though her school books were next to me the whole time I was waiting for her to show up. In the end it worked out, and we worked through lunch. She wrote me a letter to practice friendly letter writing. It was very sweet about me going home, and that she is going to miss me and things, but then she didn't sign her name to it, but a different child's, as if, SHE isn't going to miss me, but the other girl certainly will!

Goodbyes are the hardest.




"this is no place for you to rest your head" -Brown Feather Sparrow

No comments: