.

.
.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Soccer!!! More Kids!!!

Since December of 2007, when I first arrived, we have 7 more children! This doesn’t count the children that lived with us and left, A--, A--, R--, J--, hopefully we made an impact on them as well, or maybe their relative’s lives. When I first got here I couldn’t imagine living with so many people, and even sometimes the idea of, “one more?” comes along and seems overwhelming, but it all works out. This means we have 21 children! Woah.

T—, 16, is quiet in groups of people, but fun when she is just around 2 or 3 people. I told her, jokingly, that I don’t let people that are cuter than me live in my house! I don’t think she ever leaves the house without makeup on, and I recently discovered that she wipes it off on the WHITE bathroom curtain. She is washing it with bleach (finger’s crossed) and will be using other towels in the future. She’s fun to play trivial pursuit with.

S--, 15, is also quiet. She’s cute too, and looks like she could be my sister. She is one of the few Mexicans that I’ve met that are taller than me! She lacks self-esteem, and is very self-conscious about not looking “Mexican” like everyone at school. She knows how to sew and play piano


We're taking a lot of the kids to a soccer tournament in Ensenada! Should be a blast! Gotta run :)

No comments: