.

.
.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

no blue kool aide :(

Easter was on Sunday. I’m sure you all noticed ☺
My friend was scheduled to lead the music time during church. Basically only the local English speaking missionaries come, so it’s small. She had asked me to play piano with her last week, and I had said yes and we practiced a bunch. But then on Friday there was talk of changing our service time b/c it was Easter on Sunday, and we both went, Easter? Wha? That came quickly. We thought it wasn’t for another week. So here we were in a conundrum, we hadn’t practiced ANY “Easter” hymns/songs. So… we didn’t play any! But then one of our friends organized a hymn sing in the afternoon, and it was sooo much fun. We normally only have one service on Sundays, but we had a blast with two, albeit one VERY informal. One of the missionaries can play guitar by ear and read music, so we were playing hymns and he was just following along! There were several guitar players there, a harmonica player, and singers. We jammed for like 2 hours, and it was the first time I’ve played chords in public (usually, I stick to reading music). I came home with a sore throat, but my Easter was really special! (And brunch made it nice too, even though we didn’t have any blue kool aide. Sigh.)

(My family normally eats at Bob Evans with friends and we drink blue kool aide on Easter! One of our family traditions.)

No comments: