.

.
.

Monday, April 27, 2009

that's when I knew...

Do I always write about food, maybe I do. That’s ok though.
Part of a mom’s job is to always think about providing nutritious meals several times a day. My first thought often in the morning is, what can I serve the kids for breakfast. I’ve been here almost a year and a half, and just last month someone introduced me to this nut mix. It has sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and peanuts with chili and lime on them. IT IS SOOO GOOD. I’m going to have to export it to the U.S. if something comparable doesn’t already exist there. I also haven’t ever had red dye stained fingers like my kids, but now that I eat these nuts, I now am indistinguishable from the children ☺

One of the kids here doesn’t like themselves, and we had a long talk about feeling awkward and things (I don’t know who reads this blog, sorry for being cryptic) so I told her about the moment I knew I liked myself and felt good about who I was, and told her that I will pray God gives her one of those moments. There are other issues that I probably shouldn’t get into but if you could pray for her, that’d be great! When I first got here I probably would have thought this was my responsibility to fix, but now I know better. Prayer, Love and Time.




...not a thing I could say or do.

No comments: