.

.
.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"Thou doubtest because thou...

...loves the truth."

so, I finished listening to Lilith by George MacDonald. Thanks to Librivox.org

what a wonderful book. I enjoyed it.

I was posting something else today, but with breaking news, decided that maybe I'd better post this instead.

I'm fine. Mexico is fine. Nobody (that I know of) is dead or dying or sick from the swine flu.
I think the outbreak is on the mainland, and I practically live in America. Remember, we say things like "ridey" (ride) and "trokey" (truck).
Unfortunately, I may be dying until May 6th! Which is how long the Gov't has SUSPENDED school so as not to get the whole country sick. This comes on the heels of a two week spring break we had that just got over April 19th. While the other kids stay home, I'm trying to help one of mine be ready to take exams that will get her into 7th grade. She has to be ready to pass math May 11th. It can be very hard to study when everyone else is playing, and it can be very hard for me to teach when everyone else seems to need something. (and her assessor dropped off the wrong book tonite, and he's not supposed to work again till May 6th b/c of the swine flu, and we're in a time crunch for her academically)
Long Division and Decimal places are the bane of my existence, but we'll make it through.
This totally reminds me of SARS, except now I'm in the "dangerous" place.

We had some people take a quick tour of the house I live in today, so I had to make sure it looked pretty.
I didn't change the living room light bulb b/c it works half the time, and I figured they would get to the house while it was still light out.
Well, it was already dark when they came over, AND the light didn't work.
Maybe my kids cleaned the living room for naught?
oh well :)

We'll probably take the kids to the beach for "dia del niƱo" on Friday, that should be fun. (day of the child.)

No comments: