.

.
.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I would be a horrible detective...

so I come home (to a room that was TOTALLY clean.)
and didn't notice chunks of dirt on my carpet.
or the mud on my bathroom rug.

6 hours later Steve talks to me and tells me that when he was checking out our water problem he went in my bathroom to see if my toilet was leaking (but my faucet was running)...

and then it dawns on me. oh! There's mud in my room!

It turns out there is no city water right now, and our water pump only does like 2 gallons every minute, so while that would be sufficient if it were just auxiliary, it doesn't really work well as a main pump.

anyways, in all the chaos I must have turned on my faucet, but when no water came out I never shut it off.

oops!

I've been in the light bulb box 3 times since I've been here.
I just noticed today that there are air fresheners in it.
I asked my mom for air fresheners like a month ago. SERIOUSLY.

_________________________________

I watched the movie Persuasion with some chicas last night. That was fun!
________________

I'm exhausted today...
My girls had went to a party with our family last night (that I didn't go to)
They came home way after my bed time.
Scurried around upstairs for an hour.
Left my house at 12am to spend the night at the other house.
Came back at 4:30am to get ready to leave for the little family trip.
(They had locked themselves out.
So I obligingly let them back in.)
Totally not 8 hours of sleep.
I bet they are tired to.


__________________________________________

Pictures of the mud and general grossness...

My boots!





A positive consequence of all the rain.


One of the puddles. This is 24 hours AFTER it stopped raining.


I have more photos, but the internet says the files are too big.
Silly internet.

No comments: