.

.
.

Monday, June 30, 2008

and now you're on your own...

We have a group here visiting with our family, so life this week will be a little interesting.
It's means adding 25 people to each meal we eat in our house. We already have 20ish people that live here!
I hid out most of Saturday, knowing that I'd be spending the week with people.
(They are really nice.)
There are many benefits to them being here.
One of them being is that they are working on 2 different construction projects and my girls wanted to go help.
So I'm home alone this morning!
It'll be a couple hours to write, maybe even work on a mass email, we'll see.

This weekend Sam graduated, and that was really hard. It was like I was experiencing Post-Tramatic Stress Disorder. Her graduation (and subsequent leaving of her family to go live with grandparents in Canada) reminded me of leaving my family, so I was a little upset.

Afterwards, we went to a fair in our region. It was a ton of fun! Don't worry, we only went on the safe roller-coasters!
It was the first time I've had an authentic context to use the word "montaƱa rusa"(roller-coaster) in like 12 years.
One of the booths was a shooting game that squirted water at you.
I will put up a couple pictures on my facebook.
While we were at the fair we saw a fair number of "gringos," there were three in particular we stopped to talk to. It turns out, they are part of a missions agency that works with WASHINGTON HEIGHTS Baptist Church (crazy!!) So they probably have met some of my parents friends, (and my own) friends over the years. The guy I was talking to said "You make Ohio sound like a small village." I chuckled at that one.

Saturday I tried playing Settlers of Catan with an expansion set that had knights and things. I definitely prefer playing the simple version.

I've been really impressed by the girls helpful attitudes recently. and their "you should go out, have fun, leave us tonite! you haven't had fun yet today. really, we'll be good. just ask Mom to watch us." It's cute.
(I said, "Do you think reading is fun?" and she said, "Yes", then I said, "we'll then I've had lots of fun today!", "you have to do more than read to have fun." she replied.)

Have a wonderful Monday :)

No comments: