.

.
.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I know, I know...

me writing three times in two days, insufferable.

My deaf girl was reading her class list to me today, after 6 months, I finally know who "ray-chi-ga" is. It's Eric.
Also, Luche really means Luz.

In Mexico, or at least with my girls and the people I interact with, every sickness is "gripe" or the flu. Then after they tell you they have the flu, you have to ask which symptoms, then you REALLY know what they have.

I made scrambled eggs for the girls the other day. Apparently I need to add scrambled eggs to the things I don't know how to cook, or rather, that I don't know how to cook in a Mexican style. They told me my lessons would start on Monday, they must've forgotten :)

Rice here, they fry it while it's dry, then steam it. Also a thing I need to learn how to make. Apparently, it's impossible to overcook it that way.

So my girls each learned dances for the graduations, two of them learned a waltz, and they showed me, but then I said "that doesn't look like a waltz to me!" Luckily, I only said it to an adult, not to the girls. Later, I found out the girls had made up the dance themselves!! Pretty good for something they had figured out themselves.

Yesterday I took one of my girls to the doctors, and it ended up being $38 for a shot, appt, pills, soap, and lotion. Pretty good.

Today we went to the globos and I bought prescription sunglasses that are almost my strength for the expensive price of.... $1. :) totally worth it. If only I enjoyed picking through piles of used things, I'm sure I could always have anything I need.

No comments: