.

.
.

Monday, June 16, 2008

Traumas!

So right now I have 2 girls that are trying to get out of studying: The exchange follows...

Them: Why do we have to study?
Me: My mom made me study a little bit every day in the summer, so that’s a value important to me.
Them: You need to get an appointment with a psychologist, b/c the psych says that parents who make their children do things b/c their parents made THEM do things must have been traumatized during their childhood.

Them: Are you sure we have to study 4 whole hours?
Me: Yes
Them: Well, when I get to heaven God’s gonna say, what did you do with your time on earth, and I’m only going to be able to say, “just studying, nothing else!” Do you want that to be your fault? Life’s short!

I’ve been back in Mexico about a week now. And it’s been a mostly cloudy week. It’s really a big tease, all the clouds but never any rain.

C—got her second hearing aide on Thursday!!! That was a lot of fun. She wears them both at the same time, one in each ear.

Jacob taught me how to drive standard last week. I still think it’s scary to go from neutral to 1st, and I can’t imagine parallel parking in a standard.

Danielle’s homemade pesto is soooo good. I should learn how to make it. I suppose it wouldn’t be that hard.

If I can have grace for others, and recognize that I’m no better than them, then life would be much smoother. I’m trying to work on that. Just like Paul called himself the chief of sinners I can't forget that I have had moments of laziness, flirting, lying, etc. I just need to love and forgive and guide in the right direction and not be prideful about NOT being that way.

A woman and her husband are visiting Mexico for 2 months, trying to plug into ministry opportunities. The woman, Liz, was telling me that she had free time, and was curious if we needed anything. It turned out she sews!!! Johanne had 3 dresses to make for graduation and things, so they’ve already knocked out two of them ☺ That was a really big blessing.

It’s 6th grade graduation next week, so two of my girls have learned the waltz, but they won't show me!! I have three girls graduating 6th grade! yay! One of them is graduating from a "special" school, so we are thinking about putting her in regular 2nd or 3rd grade, since she finally has hearing aides in both ears and could learn her basics. Her special school has offered vocational training (cooking) and speech therapy, so that's a possibility as well. It'll be a tough decision.

My house smells gross, which is probably entirely my fault. I put out a bunch of mouse poison and now it smells like dead animals. It/they probably died in the walls, so we just have to wait it out, eh?

Lunch is ready, so this is me jetting.

No comments: