.

.
.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

4.5 pages...

so apparently, the abridged version of my life is 4.5 pages long, and I haven't added everything. I'm going to cut it all up, and auto-publish these over the next week or so. I really wish I would have blogged everyday, so that I wouldn’t have forgotten the precious details that make all this so glorious to record/read about.

So I’m finally blogging, I’ve had to close the internet, shut my books, and even sit in a part of the house that isn’t mine to be less distracted by my unclean room and my “to-do” piles.
I think this Sunday I’ll have been home a month! Which is a really long time. If I had a time card of clocking in and out of my parents house however, you’d see that I’ve spent more time out of it than in it. A wise friend told me to keep busy, which I suppose was a way of avoiding the obvious, that I was in a different place and having a different lifestyle. Keeping busy helps you avoid whatever emotion would partner with that change. When changes happen in life there is a lack of routine that makes things more stressful. Suddenly you think about every decision b/c you're in all new situations...anyways.
I hope to document all the things that have kept my mind off the obvious, but in documenting, it becomes obvious that we're not in Mexico anymore, Toto.

I’ve been dreaming of Mexico. Two dreams were roadtrips, one was a roadtrip to Mexico with friends from the states, and the other was a roadtrip from Mexico to the states with friends from Mexico. The third dream was complicated. Basically, I’d gotten a head injury, lost all memory, and my parents couldn’t handle it, so they took me to Mexico, and left me there till I got better. The doctor had said I’d regain my memory if another traumatic accident happened to me, and while in Mexico I tripped over a kid or something in the kitchen, bumped my head again and miraculously remembered everything, then I woke up.

I've read 4 things,

Dinky Hocker Shoots Smack by M.E. Kerr
Biting the Wax Tadpole: Confesssions of a Language Fanatic by Little
Cold Comfort Farm: A Play
Operating Instructions: A Journal of my Son’s first year by Lamott

mostly sitting outside in my hammock, deliberately killing the crescent shaped patch of grass where my feet most often find themselves after twirling in circles...

I find it incredibly hard to go inside in this weather, to watch movies, to sit in the air conditioning. Although today and yesterday have been more Mexi-esque, high 60's, cloud cover, but no real rain.

more tomorrow...

No comments: