.

.
.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm tired...

so I'm gonna keep this short.

Translating wears my brain out in general, partially for the language, partially b/c there are all these new situations that I have to think through before making decisions, no involuntary or habit based things. I had to be apart of two situations that were a little hard for me, not because I didn't understand what was going on, but the opposite, that I understood too much. I really like helping people, but I'm going to have to be okay with the amount of responsibility that falls on my shoulders.


I have really had to restrain myself recently. It seems every time that I am driving down my street I see a Mexican man walking to work in his restaurant uniform. The other day I was biking past two of them, and it took everything in me to not show them they are aliens here. I wanted to shout "hola" to them. Now I suppose I can sympathize with all those people who stop you in the store in Mexico when they realize you speak English, to show that they too, speak a little bit of English. It's human to want to connect with people. It's beautiful.

No comments: