.

.
.

Friday, July 3, 2009

I've seen the sadness of a thousand goodbyes...


What have I been doing? -con'td.


I’m using a Dale Chihuly theme for my iGoogle, which is nice.

Well- applying for jobs. Job search takes a fair amount of time! I’m a bit of a perfectionist in some things, and I’ve been known to spend more time on Cover Letters and Resumes than I should, not even letting people help me. AFTER submitting some things yesterday, I finally showed some of my work to a peer, who had a lot of helpful things to say. It will be beneficial for next time I turn paperwork in.

Playing Piano- I need to learn some songs for my brother and his fiancés wedding. Also I’ve been enjoying playing at church. ALSO I got The Trumpet Child songbook from OTR, and it’s FABULOUS. I worked my fingers to the bone getting “The Trumpet Child” down. Now if I just had music for their other songs that are on my to-do list….

I’ve seen some friends, although admittedly not as much as I anticipated, I need to get on the ball with seeing some more of them!

I’ve volunteered at a local clinic. I think it went really well except for when I misinterpreted something. I was having trouble focusing b/c the doctor was talking to a med student while I was trying to talk to the patient. The doc said “until water/tears come out your eyes” and I said “until blood comes out your eyes” but I quickly said, “no, no, no, I meant tears/water” but the patient had been having nose bleeds so that’s probably where my mind had been. I’m thankful for people that can have a good laugh. I can’t wait to go back! I ran into someone I knew there, I didn’t realize she still volunteered there, and I saw a name tag of another translator that I volunteered at an after school program with 5 years ago and later, she was a family advocate at the child care center I worked at. We are a small group, the Gringas that speak Spanish in this area.

No comments: