.

.
.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Are you smarter?

J--, who struggles in Math, did her long division page ALL BY HERSELF last week! Except that she didn’t. We were checking it over, and I noticed that when there was a remainder, she wrote R (to symbolize remainder). In Mexico the kids do S (to symbolize sobra, “too much, surplus, excess”), so I taught her to use S. I did not teach her to do R, but some reason it was all over her paper! So I asked her, “who helped you?” -Nobody. “Who helped you???” -Nobody helped me. “The person who helped you speaks English, I know.” And she looked at me guilty, and shocked.

D and I were playing music the other weekend practicing for worship, and I had some music theory epiphanies while answering one of her questions, and then I realized- If I went back to school now, I could totally pass some of my class sooooo much more easily. I could whip all those Spanish classes, I’d do better in Music Theory, and she was like, yeah, You learn so much after college. If only...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who is j--?