.

.
.

Saturday, May 30, 2009

My 150th post about Mexico!


In the moonlight you can clearly see the path everyone walks from my house to the big house. In the daylight, all the dust looks the same. I love walking in the dark here in general. The roads naturally light up since they are made of gray gravel, white sand, and yellow dust. If I had to walk on paved roads at night, it wouldn’t be as magical.

They threw me a great surprise going away party tonite. It was soooo special. I now have a prayer shaw, my very own praying flashcards, and even a couple home decorations!!! The sweetest thing was what people shared though, things like that I was a good mom, a prepared mom, that I’m well-educated/smart (that’s always a hard one for me to believe, don’t know why) that I’m kind…I should have written down what people said, but after the lasagna, salad (with Spinach!!! And Feta!!! Fancy ☺ You can only get Feta in the states), and after the beautiful cake, a gigantic heart cake, with turquoise ribbons- which were the same color as the shaw Johanne knit me, and after Dance Dance Revolution, how could I even pretend to remember ANYTHING? I tried to teach the 9 yr old E---- how to DDR, but I’m not sure she figured it out. I was really touched, and really surprised. I thought at the most we might have a little dinner with just a few people or something. The fact that they were so willing to turn it into a dance party! Just for me ☺ was very touching.

Today has just been full of fun, this morning was women’s meeting at 6:30, then at about 10:40 we left for the pools (two hours late I might add). We stayed at the pools till 5 or so for the graduation ceremony and fun cookout. It was cold outside, but the mountains are beautiful and the water was bluer than fake water whose saturation has been messed with in films. It wasn’t too cold for the kids to swim though.

Tomorrow I’m taking a fun trip to Ensenada, to goof off for the day with peers (Hope said I was good at being both a mom and a peer in here “eulogy” for me). It’s a “big tourist town” with half a million people, but there is only one 6 lane bowling alley, no putt putt, only 2 movie theatres. There IS the “second-largest of three known major marine geysers in the world.” (from wikipedia No plagiarism here folks!) I’ve already visited it twice. I think we’ll find something to do though. They have a cultural center (which I visited once for a meeting for children’s services, but we only were in a meeting room) and an art museum, which we plan on stopping by, and if we really don’t have much to do we can watch the cruise ships come in and out, or go to Costco! or Walmart! (I live 2 hours away from a Walmart/Calimax/Costco/any grocery superstore, and my life hasn’t fallen to pieces, can you believe it???)

Ok. I have a feeling this next week I’m not going to go to bed on time once!

No comments: