.

.
.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coffee!


One morning, C—asked me for coffee. She’s not a usual coffee drinker, but she seen all of us do it, right? Wrong, maybe.
She heated up a glass of water in the microwave, walked over to the canister with grounds in it, and started to spoon the grounds into her cup! Frantically preventing her, I stopped her and said, No! She said, “but you said, Yes?” insinuating that I was a meanie for changing my mind unjustly. “You can have coffee, just not this way.” I assured her while pouring her a cup from the coffee pot, taking her hot water for my own to make tea with. Then showed her how the grounds go in the coffee maker, not in the cup. In a year and a half I have NEVER seen instant coffee in our house, only beans/grounds. But maybe it’s so Mexican, that that’s the only way SHE knows. (Honestly, when I go to the grocery store, the instant coffee products FAR outweigh the good stuff.)

Today, Johanne and Steve leave with Abigail to go to their sons M.A. graduation in Texas, and then to Johanne mom's for her 80th birthday party! They'll be gone ten days, with more of the kids leaving Sunday with Tani. I'll be manning down the fort, but I believe the new house mom will be helping me, as well as Hannah! (who I adore for making this sacrifice!) I think we'll make it, especially if C-- can make the coffee for me :) I know that will be big time saver. hehe.

No comments: