.

.
.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's day Monday?

I need to write. I took Sunday off b/c one of my weekend entries, while dramatic, was all about what one of my girls shockingly did to upset me. I deleted it, but later, I do hope to tell the story, but not in such a mean way. Yesterday was Mother’s day here. And as seems to be tradition, people come to your house singing “Las MaƱanitas” at all hours of the night. Johanne, was woken up three times. One of the ladies of her church had paid her son to play it on his guitar at 3am. My girls knew I wanted to sleep, so they left me alone ☺ I now have a basil plant, which I hope not to kill.

I’ve got some things I’d like to write about, but it’s been one of those crazy mornings. Not only are 2 of my girls studying for 1 exam each tonite, but we need to make lunch, rather unexpectedly, and making tortillas for 25 people is a large undertaking.

Pray that they do well tonite on their exams!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m gonna send out a “support” email this week, hopefully. Johanne put together a little newsletter that I’d like to get out.

(oh, today was all the kids first day back. BUT one of my kids got sent home b/c apparently they had a doctor come to the school and send home any kids who could be “contagious”. They sent her with a pretty letter explaining and a form indicating various conditions. The only box checked was cough, but that was enough to have her walk HOME BY HERSELF, without notifying us. She is allowed to walk home, but with her sisters, not alone. Their school is sooo different than the ones I’ve taught in. If she weren’t honest, maybe she wouldn’t have come home right away.)

I didn't get to talk to my Mom for Mother's day, but I certainly tried. I think it was good though b/c one of my kids asked to call her mother, which I didn't think was a good idea, and so I said no. She said, "Did you talk to your mother today?" and I could honestly answer her, "No."

1 comment:

Allison Walton said...

God knew that she was going to ask that question. :)